Are you looking for the best car polish for white cars and/or wax product for your silver or light coloured paintwork? It is a question that we get asked at least once or twice a week and as the owner of a white coloured car myself, I know what a pain it can be to keep it looking gleaming all year round.
The problem, especially with white is how to get that deep wet look shine in the first place and then to have last as long as possible.
As with many things the quality of the finished look is mainly in the preparation, but there are a number of products that come top of our list to give you that mirror like shine – even on white.
Although very popular in many of the large motor stores, the polishes and waxes with added colourants, including the whites often do not really cut it in terms of the shine they are able to deliver.
You have to remember that many of todays modern cars have a clearcoat layer on top of your coloured paint and it is this that you are polishing and waxing to bring through the brightness of the colour underneath.
Thus adding a colour on-top can have the opposite effect.
Here is our top 8 list of the best car polish for white cars and wax products for your white, silver or light coloured car:
Poorboys White Diamond – a liquid glaze to be used pre-wax
Sonax Polish and Wax White – a combined liquid polish & wax
- Color polish with natural carnauba wax for all standard and metallic paints
- Color pigments cover small scratches
- Gives the paint colors powerful radiance and a brilliant high gloss that lasts for months
- Provides outstanding long-term protection
- Cleans, polishes and protects in one operation with the additional color pen, in the 500 ml bottle
Dodo Juice Diamond White – carnauba based hard paste wax
- Easy-on, easy-off carnauba car wax
- Impressive water repellence and high gloss finish
- Apply by hand or applicator, buffs in minutes
- Average coverage is 3-4 layers on a typical car from 30ml jar
- Mild solvent makes it perfect for classic cars
Dodo Juice Light Fantastic – carnauba based soft paste wax
Pinnacle Signature II – a great quality hybrid wax
- PASTE FORMULA: Thick paste-like formula has a buttery texture that goes on smooth and spreads evenly; Delivers maximum protection and smooth application
- REAL CARNAUBA WAX: Potent formula is made with real, carnauba wax for incredible durability and long-lasting protection; Nature’s finest automotive wax
- RICH, WET SHINE: Premium wax delivers a sizzling shine, depth and reflection to enhance any type or color of paint; Shiny finish lasts up to 90 days
- NO CHALKY HAZE: Designed to wipe off wet, the wax won't leave a chalky haze behind; Delivers a warm, wet-looking shine with less buffing
- BEST IN CLASS: Outperforms many higher priced waxes, delivering an impressive shine and long-lasting luster; Sold in an 8-oz. jar
Chemical Guys Gap_618_16 Glossworkz Glaze
- Cherry Glaze has been formulated to give your car that ultimate shine
- Cherry Glaze will clean and protect your car against the harmful elements
- Cherry Glaze will simply wipe away leaving No chalky residue, Wont stain and smells Great
- Fit type: Universal
Dodo Juice Supernatural – a good quality carnauba based wax
Meguiars Ultimate Wax – a pure synthetic paste wax
- ONE EASY STEP: Formula delivers maximum synthetic protection, durability, depth of color, and reflectivity in this easy one step
- EFFORTLESS APPLICATION: Thin Film technology provides for easy application and wipe off even in full sun, and will not stain non-painted trim pieces white
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION: Advanced synthetic polymers crosslink to form a long-lasting protective barrier while amplifying reflection for incredible depth and mirror-like shine
- WATER ROLLS RIGHT OFF PAINT: Hydrophobic Polymer technology increases surface tension to protect paint
- SAFE AND FLEXIBLE: Safe and effective on all glossy paints and clear coats, and can be applied by hand or dual action variable speed polisher like Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher
In many cases your actual choice of wax or polish for white cars, silvers or other light colours will be determined by personal preference, whether you like paste or liquid, how often you get to detail your motor etc but hopefully the above will give you a good starting point.
Do you have your own favourite for white and lighter coloured cars? If so please let us know using the comment box below.