Having been asked by a close friend for ideas for a Christmas present for a car lover who has nearly everything, I immediately reeled off a list of the items I could think of that would make ideal car cleaning gifts.
But looking at the bemusement on her face then realised I was in fact reeling off my own, rather biased, wish list and not necessarily what her other-half would want or need.
So taking a step back I began to think about what others might be looking for. But where to begin? The answer didn’t take long.
Why not take a look at what our customers had been buying and searching for their friends, family and loved ones, as the perfect gift in the run-up to previous Christmas’s.
So through the data I trawled and finally armed with this research, I put together are our top ten Xmas car cleaning gifts for the motoring fanatic in your life. I have since also updated this list with some of the most popular car care items from other popular online shopping platforms.
1 – By far the most popular car cleaning gift is the trusty, quality Car Drying Towel – super soft and absorbent microfibre these make the perfect gift for any car enthusiast
2 – – anyone with leather car seats will appreciate these items to keep their interior in tip-top condition.
3 – Autoglym Car Valeting Kit – by far the most popular car cleaning kit sought at this time of year for Christmas Presents. Now if i was on telly I would have to say “other car cleaning kits by other brands are also available”
4 – Long-lasting Car Air Fresheners – an ideal stocking filler – these inexpensive gifts will put a fresh clean scent back into their car.
5 – – brilliant for cleaning the dirt and dust out of those hard to reach places, including car vents, in between buttons and many more.
6 – Flexi Blade – you may have seen the local car wash guys using these to quickly and effectively remove the water from the cars – a great gift idea.
7 – – if you know anyone who uses a sponge to wash their car this is a must as the trusted pure lambswool or sheepskin washmitt will help reduce fine scratches and swirls that can easily be formed when using sponges.
8 – Mini-Vac Attachments – if you have ever tried or seen someone try and get into clean the cracks and crevices of the car you will appreciate this set of mini tools that can attach to any vacuum cleaner and make cleaning those hard to reach places a doddle.
9 – Car Foam Sprayer – an easy to use and effective hose end attachment that allows you to spray both clean water and a mix of your favourite car shampoo simply at the turn of a dial, removing the need for a seperate bucket of car wash solution – genius.
10 – Scratch Shield – ideal for any car cleaning enthusiast – the Grit Guard fits at the bottom of the bucket trapping the grit that comes off the car out of the wash mitt at the bottom of the bucket. This prevents it mixing back up in the water, back onto the mitt and back onto the car – significantly helping to reduce swirls and fine scratches.
Here’s some more details on the products mentioned above:
These are some of the most popular Christmas present ideas people have been seeking to buy for the car lovers in their lives in recent times and hopefully, it may give you some ideas of what to look for for your friends, family and colleagues, this festive season.
For those of you with seasoned car cleaning fanatics in your life, and who have more car cleaning products than Imelda Marcos had shoes, the following is a shortlist of items that would be appreciated by anyone who can spend a whole Sunday – and sometimes longer cleaning their car:
Microfibre cloths – you may already know this but you can never have enough of these.
- Perfect for car care as microfibre car drying cloth and car polishing cloth; excellent car care, paint polish & streak-free drying; car detailing and professional car preparation through perfect polishing without holograms
- You can apply wax, polish, varnish cleaner and polish it out lint-free. Brings a deep shine and lets paint, interior and cockpit shine clean again - for car drying, car care and cleaning
- Brings car, motorcycle, boat, bicycle back to high gloss without fluff and lint - better than cotton car cloths and other car cleaning cloths or rags; with satin edge work streak-free without scratches with this car care set
- Super fluffy high pile make the microfibre cloth the standard car cleaning cloth or rim cleaning cloth - no matter if you want to dry windows, polish the car or clean the interior.
- Creates shine especially when cleaning dark car paint in black, blue, grey, and cleans the cockpit like a magnet (washable up to 60 degrees C). Composition: 80% polyester, 20% polyamide
Clay Bars – used by professionals and enthusiasts alike to achieve the perfect silk-smooth finish prior to polishing and waxing.
- Removes Embedded Grains Of Metal, Tree Sap, Airborne Environmental Deposits And Paint Overspray
- More Pliable And Not As Stiff As Other Clays; Safe To Use On All Types Of Paint, Including Clearcoats
- Regular Use Provides A Long Lasting Benefit To Your Vehicle
- Adds Depth And Clarity And Leaves Paint Feeling Silky Smooth
Detailing Kit Bag – something to store and carry the essential range of car cleaning products in.
- Large Meguiar's car care kit bag to transport your full Meguiar's collection. 50cm x 30cm x 30cm.
- Heavy duty nylon construction including interior segments and larger three external pockets.
- Meguiar's embroidered, with distinctive yellow Piping on the Black material.
- Extra strong shoulder strap for carrying with a heavy duty zip
- Velcro on the underneath to prevent it from moving in the boot.
Car Polish & Wax Applicator Pads – again the serious car detailer can never have enough of these items to apply their wax and polish.
- Round, soft polishing pad with 130mm diameter and 25 mm thickness: exactly matched for easy car care application together with paint cleaner, paint polish, wax or grinding paste
- Premium polishing sponge made of microfibre for even APPLICATION of abrasives, lacquer sealants, waxes etc.; car accessories for car care outside and inside
- Ideal application sponge: first-class Glart sponge for plastic, lacquer, leather and for the application of tyre gloss, polishing paste or car polish
- Use with little pressure recommended in order to protect the surface without polishing machine as much as possible during car preparation; comparable effect to modelling clay; first test carefully with acrylic glass polish and plastic polish.
- Perfect ergonomics: circumferential handle for improved handling. Washable; perfect for automotive paint in e.g. black, blue, white, red, green and yellow; after application with polish often no more paint plasticine required
Dual Action Car Polishing Machine – for those who have not yet made the leap to machine polishing these are the ideal machine and can save hours of time. Check out our guide to the best dual action polishers here.
No products found.
I hope you find these ideas for car cleaning gifts useful and wish you a happy and enjoyable holiday season.