The top spot in the first of 2012 Auto Express detailing product tests has been scooped by The Kent Microfibre 2in1 Microfibre Noodle Wash Mitt Q2429. In a test of 12 different brands and styles of wash mitt the Kent Wash Mitt came out top overall for its absorbency, grime removing abilities and fit.
The test which involved dividing the bodywork of a filthy car into sections. Then using the mitts both dry and then wet to see how they coped with removing caked-on dirt, the tightness of the fit, and overall control around more difficult areas of the car such as grills and wheels. Any extra features such as bug mesh and finger dividers etc also scored additional points.
The absorbency of each mitt was also calculated by weighing them dry, soaking them in water and then draining for 30 seconds and then weighing them again.
The range of wash mitts tested were made of a variety of different materials including microfibre noodles, pure lambswool, microfibre or synthetic wool. Including the winning Kent Mitt the Noodle style mitts overall scored better than the others styles, with the exception of the Dodo Juice Tribble sheepskin mitt which took 3rd place, just behind another noodle mitt from Halfords.
The list of Car Wash Mitts tested included:
- Kent 2in1 Noodle Wash Mitt Q2429 – Best Buy
- Halfords 2in1 Microfibre Mitt – Recommended
- Dodo Juice Tribble Mitt
- Sonus Ultimate Wool Wash Mitt
- Triplewax Microfibre Wash Mitt
- Simoniz Microfibre Wash Mitt
- Turtle Wax Ice Microfibre Max
- Meguiars Lambs Wool Wash Mitt
- Muc-Off 2 in 1 Chenille Microfibre Mitt
- Halfords Microfibre Wash & Polish Mitt
- Kent 2in1 Wash Mitt Q2419
- Meguiars Microfibre Wash Mitt